I know, I am a bit childish at times. I get it. I understand. I spend so much time with a 6 and 4 year old, it has to have an effect on you, no?
Maybe it’s just me?
At any rate, one of the more fun, childish things I do to try to entertain the kids a little bit involves making up my own silly songs. I do it all the time. I insert the kids names in random places at will. I also insert words like poop, fart, stinky, and burp whenever possible (believe you me, I make it possible). I get into it, and I could do it all day long. I have to admit, I have fun with it myself…forget the kids! I mean, “fart” is funny, don’t deny it.
Here are a couple examples of my many little diddies…they are quite the diverse playlist, actually…
- Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance: They love that song, and know it well. So, I just swap out the line “caught in a bad romance” with “caught in a Liam dance.” Dopey, I know, but it makes us happy. They like it and I like it. How can you argue with that?
- Rupert Holmes’ Escape (The Pina Colada Song): A little swap out, instead of “if you like Pina Colada, gettin’ caught in the rain” I sing “if you like Liam Colada, and Natalie Jane.” C’mon…give it to me…
- Boston’s More Than Feeling: Swap out “more than a feeling, more than a feeling” with “more than a Liam, more than a Natalie.”
- Theme of SpongeBob SquarePants: “who live in a pineappy under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants!” becomes “who lives in a poopapple under the sea? SpongePoop SquareStink!”
- And many, many more…order now!
Perhaps I’ve shared too much.