This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RoadTripOil #CollectiveBias
Summer is here…and that means it’s road trip season! We have done a few road trips, the best one being our New England 10-day extravaganza 2 years ago. It was great! The freedom of having your car and not having to worry about set times, crazy security lines, and popping baby eardrums is a priceless thing. While the drive is part of the experience, going on a long drive with your kids does have a number of challenges associated with it, right? There’s the typical fighting and complaining about, well, who knows that? There’s the fidgetiness, and the need to pee. There’s the constant (it seems) need to snacks, and then there’s the world famous need to always know when we will arrive at our destination (no, we still are moving so we are not there yet). Above all else, though, you MUST come equipped with enough, well stuff, to entertain the clan until you finally do reach that glorious destination.
Here’s a list of some things that we simply CANNOT do without on any family road trips:
- Movies – gold, and good for at least 90-120 minutes
- iPad – enough said, apps are awesome
- Summer reading list books – good for the brain, for quiet, for discussion, and for checking it off
- Coloring books and crayons – let their creativity run
- Travel/neck pillow – sounds funny, but works wonders for sustained napping
- Snacks…healthy and not! Chips and fruit – the way to a kid’s heart is thorough their belly
- Pokemon Go app – new, hot, and very awesome for a car ride (really awesome)
- Car bingo – fun game for everyone
- Some great printable actives (like these from Edventures with Kids) – great to pass the time
- SiriusXM radio – if you can get it or even just have a trial, it’s money and works anywhere (just about)
- First-aid kid with tylenol/advil – with 3 kids, you never know
- Baby wipes – well, Caleb still needs them, but they are also great for any quick cleans, spills, etc.
- Small blankets – hey, you get cold when you nap, right?
- Enough chargers – nothing needs to be said…see #1, #2, and #7…and bring more than one
What do you think? Not bad, right? When it comes to summer road trips, in addition to all of those 14 points above, you have make sure your car is ready to go. I guess make that #15 on the list. You don’t want to have any issues when you are away from home. Walmart is your road trip 1-stop shop! From snacks to DVDs and more, this place has it all! You can even drop off your car at the Walmart Automotive Care Center for an oil change while you grab everything else you need for your trip. Let the experts make your life easier and get your oil changed with Pennzoil® at Walmart’s Automotive Care Center. Find your ACC right here.
Just like you need to bring those snacks and movies to keep the kids going, be sure to feed your car before you hit the road! The process was quick and easy and with all those sick price rollbacks on Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic, it’s really a no-brainer. Getting your oil changed with Pennzoil (oil that helps clean out sludge lesser oils leave behind) at Walmart helps make those summer road trips a success by saving time and money. You love your car, don’t you??
Sure, my car is still fairly new, but it’s getting up there in mileage with all these road trips and soccer practices (so sad). When the day comes, it’s going to be all about switching to high mileage oil. Pennzoil High Mileage Vehicle® motor oil helps clean out the sludge lesser oils leave behind, while helping to reduce leaks and oil consumption in worn or higher mileage engines. It’s a motor oil specifically designed for new or late model vehicles with over 75,000 miles, with the mission of keeping engines running clean and going strong. Even better…High Mileage is on Rollback ($39.88 on Rollback to $35.88) from now until September 28th! Check it out now!
What road trips do you have planned for this summer? Do you do long (be brave) cross-country trips, or do you like to keep it close instead? I’d love to hear all about it and maybe get some great ideas for next trip!!
To find out more about Pennzoil High Mileage (and more) and Walmart’s ACC, please check out: