Even in today’s super casual world, which is really something to be lamented, you still need to look well-kept. You can’t walk around town or work looking like a hot mess. You can’t smell, you can’t mismatch, and you can’t be a wrinkled up disaster. In other words, even on casual Fridays, you need to look crisp! This is where a good iron still comes in and plays a role in your day-to-day. While there are so many irons around, it can make your head spin, I’ve had great success and pleasure in spiffing my gear up with the Rowenta SteamCare Iron.
Unlike any other iron on the market, the DW3 SteamCare Iron safely and seamlessly removes wrinkles from any type of fabric, no matter how delicate or difficult, without the need for manual thermostat adjustments. Whether ironing cashmere, silk, wool, or polyester, the DW3 SteamCare’s unique Tri-Plate technology delivers professional, failsafe results without the risk of shine or burn. This is such a home run, it really helps even the least experienced ironer (is that a real word?) do a great job without wreaking havoc on their wardrobe.
There are a ton of reasons why I like using this iron. The design, the color, and the functionality all seem to have been really well planned out with the goal of really making improvements to a tool and a task that seems to have been around forever. Here’s a quick list of why I think the Rowenta SteamCare Iron is pretty sweet:
- One Smart Temperature: Automatically adjusts the iron’s heat settings to remove wrinkles from any fabric, with no manual adjustment necessary
- Tri-Plate Technology: Ensures 100% safe and efficient ironing on even the most delicate fabrics, such as silk, cashmere, wool, and polyester, without the risk of shine or burn
- Limescale Removal and Self-Cleaning System: Collects and removes mineral deposits caused by hard water to optimize performance and extend the product’s longevity
- Microsteam350 Soleplate: 350 fully-activated Microsteam holes deliver optimal steam distribution, while a round shape ensures smooth ironing to prevent creasing
- Multiple Steam Setting Options: 1600 watts of steam power can be channeled through the iron’s auto-steam, steam burst, or fine mist spray settings to tackle wrinkles on any fabric
- Burst of Steam: Highly powerful 100-gram steam shot dissolves stubborn and hard-to-reach wrinkles from difficult fabrics
- Vertical Steam: Versatile product design allows for effortless use in the upright position to remove wrinkles from drapes and hanging garments
- Precision Tip: Tackles difficult-to-reach wrinkles on pockets, pleats, and collars
- 8.45 Ounce Water Tank: Provides 20 minutes of uninterrupted high-performance steaming
- Automatic Shut-Off Safety Feature: Prevents damage caused by overheating
Pretty impressive list indeed.
As much as I love the Rowenta SteamCare Iron, sometimes I just can’t get it done. To do the job correctly, you need the right setup and a little time and patience. Sadly, there are more than a few times where I’m grabbing a shirt and running out the door. In those instances, Rowenta’s X-Cel Steam Handheld Steamer is the way I go. The steamer is ready in just 45 seconds and delivers unrivaled speed and convenience in wrinkle and crease removal…without the need for an ironing board. Its strong steam output and large metal head remove wrinkles easily on all kinds of fabrics, from the thickest to the most delicate, all the while sanitizing and refreshing as it steams. The kicker – the X-Cel Steam Steamer provides 10 minutes of steam but weighs just 2.2 lbs! It’s just so quick and easy to look good!!
This all really makes for about as easy and foolproof ironing and steaming experience as you could have. Sure, getting wrinkles out of your clothes may not be on your list of top activities for your mornings or weekends, but it’s necessary and you might as well have the best tools at your disposal!
To find out more about the SteamCare Iron and the X-Cel Steam Handheld Steamer, please check out:
Guy and the Blog was provided the product used in this review. All opinions expressed are my own.