Home-based businesses are on the rise. The tech is so good that you can be at home and almost work as if you were in the office. I am living and breathing proof of this since 2008. Nonetheless, entrepreneurs are no different from other people in the sense that they may need to relocate at various times in their lives. Things happen, right?
Whether it’s upgrading to a bigger property after having another child or moving for the sake of your partner’s career doesn’t matter. Moving in a way that won’t disrupt business is vital, and here are 10 top tips to make sure that the transition to as smooth as possible.
1. Moving day is one where you will be restricted for time. However, you don’t want this to spill over into additional days. Click here to learn more about professional movers and how they can make the process far smoother. Get in quickly, and returning to work will be far simpler.
2. Communication will be essential during this testing period. Knowing that your home broadband and television packages are up and running for day one can save a lot of hassle. Alternatively, Apple users can tether their iPhone to other devices to make it a personal hotspot.
3. The home office could take months to perfect, but you must at least create those boundaries. Without separating work from leisure, you’ll never get anywhere. Aside from the obvious furniture, this is a great time to invest in new gadgets that could boost business. Do not overlook this factor.
4. Help is available. Even if yours is a small family business, you could hire remote freelancers to deal with the admin to keep the venture ticking over. This removes a lot of pressure, which can allow you to focus on the relocation before switching back to work mode.
5. Moving offers a chance to reach new audiences. Whether the business provides a localized service or sells products via the internet doesn’t matter. Attending a trade show in the area and creating printed materials for use in the new hometown can help send sales through the roof.
6. The company’s online presence demands updated SEO strategies. If the business boasts a generic global appeal, you should be just fine. For ventures requiring localized presence, there is no option but to rethink the whole plan. Take on the latest trends, and you will be fine.
7. Customers deserve to be informed of what is happening. Most clients will accept the situation while appreciating the update. Create a winning newsletter to ensure the company doesn’t lose its existing audience. This will save you the hassle of starting fresh over as if you were a brand new business.
8. Establish a work-life balance is vital, and this means appreciating the family too. Arrange some days out at new local attractions. Get them signed up for new clubs doing things they used to do in the old home. Meanwhile, ensuring that your bedroom encourages a good sleep is crucial.
9. Financial relief can be achieved in a variety of ways, not least when it comes to your accounts. Home upgrades and services that are directly related to the business can often be claimed back. Click here to find an accountant. The money they save your venture could be telling.
10. Your personality and drive count for everything. This will be a testing time for you on a business level as well as a personal one. Stay positive and committed at all times, and there’s nothing to stop you continuing the success you’ve enjoyed up until now.
What do you think? Are you ready to make the move? If and when you do, just make sure you hit all of these points and you’ll be fine. Off and running. Good luck!
Great tips, especially making sure your WiFi is in order. When I first made the move to self employment, my biggest roadblock was unreliable internet. That can absolutely kill your business.
We will not be ready to move for a few years. My Son is in his last year of high school and will be off to college next year. We are planning on downsizing our home once our Son has left the nest.
Definitely establishing a balance will make a huge difference. It can be tough moving but a lot of times, it’s well worth the work.
This is all so true. You need to ensure that you set boundaries so that you can balance your work.
You can upload your brand logo and get the company name printed or embroidered for a perfect uniform class. We offer you an opportunity to be live mascots to your organization, dressed with custom made personalized office uniforms and act as proud representatives to your company. With a printed company logo and tint of brand colors and feeling of attachment to the brand, office uniforms works as a perfect asset to brand awareness, dedication and culture.
Choose the right design/ template
Customize your design as per your need
Place an order with the required quantity
And in no time, your uniform will be delivered to your doorsteps…
Sounds like a great options! This is a real motivation for me! I am always interested to know the experience of others. Thanks for sharing!