You’re hungry. You want to eat something fulfilling. You are craving something that’s not really on the healthy side. It’s cold and icy outside. You love beer, bacon, cheese, and carbs. You’re looking for something pretty amazing. You are trying to come up with a way to have it all, because you’re greedy and want it all. Then, you come up with it….Beer and Bacon Mac and Cheese! Can you believe it? I can’t, but then again, I can…because here it is, at your disposal. I think you’re going to love it…but who knows, you could not want something delicious, fulfilling, amazing, and down-right fantastic.
Beer and Bacon Mac and Cheese
Here are the Ingredients:
- 4 12oz. Beers (your favorite lager)
- 12 oz. Elbow Macaroni
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2 1/4 Cups Milk
- 2 teas. Ground Mustard
- 1 teas. Salt
- ½ teas. Pepper
- ½ teas. Garlic Powder
- 12 oz. Cheddar, shredded
- 8 oz. Colby Jack, shredded
- ¾ lb. Bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
How about those Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- In a Dutch oven bring all but ¾ cup of beer to a boil. Careful it will start to foam.
- Add the Macaroni and reduce heat to a simmer, cook until al dente and drain in a colander.
- In the same Dutch oven over medium low heat melt the Butter.
- Add the Flour and cook 1-2 minutes stirring constantly, raise the heat to medium high.
- Slowly whisk in the reserved ¾ cup of Beer.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. Keep whisking until it starts to simmer, keep whisking.
- Add the Ground Mustard, Salt, Pepper and Garlic powder.
- Add the Cheeses a handful at a time whisking until the cheese completely melts between each addition.
- Add the Macaroni and all but 2-3 tablespoons of the Bacon to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 13×9 inch pan, top with reserved bacon and bake at 400˚ until bubbly and browned, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
What do you think? If you give it a shot, please let me know. I’d love to know if you think it’s as good as I do.