Breakfast has always played an essential role in our diets but times have changed. As today’s modern family has evolved, consumers’ morning routines and breakfast eating habits have changed as well. I know I normally don’t seem to have 2 minutes to sit down and have a good breakfast. The kids are nuts getting ready for school and having their breakfast. Caleb is running around like a loon. I have to respond to tons of emails from the night before. The house has to be kept up and the errands have to be run. How does breakfast fit in? In fact,A study by NPD Group Inc. found that Americans have an average of just 12 minutes a day for consuming breakfast. That is about half the time we spend on lunch (28 minutes) or dinner (24 minutes).
But, let’s be honest…it’s important. Eating breakfast sets the tone for the day because it gets our blood sugar up which makes our brain function better the rest of the day. It gets our metabolism going. It reduces cravings later in the day. And it puts us in a better mood.
belVita Bites are a convenient option for mornings on the run. Each 50g serving (one pouch) provides: 230 calories, 4g of fiber*, 20g of whole grain…and more importantly they are quick, easy, and taste AWESOME!!! I also like the fiber component in the bites. People, including myself, just don’t seem to get enough of it in their daily life. Dietary fiber from whole grains, as part of an overall healthy diet, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease. Did you know that the recommended daily amount of fiber for women is 30g, and 35g fiber for men. Do you have anywhere near that in a day?
Well, it’s time for people to start getting more out of their breakfasts, don’t you think? belVita has partnered with Registered Dietitian Keri Gans, Life Coach Christine Hassler, and author of Eat It to Beat It David Zinczenko to provide a few tips for a healthy breakfast and a smooth morning routine. I have to say, they are pretty great. They make a lot of sense and seem easy enough to incorporate into our busy and chaotic lives. Take a look:
- Keri Gans notes that a serving of belVita (which has @20g of whole grains/serving and 4g fiber per pack), with a low-fat Greek yogurt and a serving of fruit, can be the perfect grab and go complete breakfast.”
- David Zinczenko notes that people today have no time to cook, they are looking for options with nutrition’s latest buzzwords – protein and fiber. belVita paired with a serving of non-fat yogurt and fruit hits on protein, fiber AND whole grains.”
- Christine Hassler very interestingly mentions that doing something 40 days in a row moves it from a change to a habit. Making a complete breakfast a habit starts today.”
So what you think? This all seems like things we can all try to take advantage of and maybe improve our lives a little bit!
To find out more about belVita, visit them:
- Keri Gans, Registered Dietitian
- Keri is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, Spokesperson and Media Personality with a private practice in New York City. She is the author of The Small Change Diet (Gallery, March 2011), a Past-Spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and a Past-President of The New York State Dietetic Association
- Christine Hassler, Life Coach
- Christine is a Life Coach with a counseling emphasis known for catalyzing radical self-reflection while offering practical direction and author of the Expectation Hangover. She is passionate about busting the myth that life is about living by a checklist and having it all figured out.
- David Zinczenko, author of ‘Eat it to Beat it’
- David is the author of the 8-million-copy bestselling Eat This, Not That! franchise. A prominent leader in the health and wellness industry, David is currently the ABC News nutrition and wellness editor, the consulting editorial director for Men’s Fitness, and a consultant for American Media Magazines (AMI).