The Tartan Collins cocktail is an easy-to-make libation that’s smoky and sweet – a perfect option to enjoy with some friends on a hot summer day. Check out the details below:
- 11/2 parts Laphroaig® Select Scotch Whisk
- 1/4 part Five-Spice Syrup (recipe below)*
- 2 dashes of Orange Bitters
- Ginger Beer
*Five-Spice Syrup Ingredients:
- 2oz bottle of Five-Spice Blend
- 64oz fine sugar
- 32oz water
So, what do you think? Pretty dope, yes? Well, it is pretty dope. Now, for the important decisions: Laphroaig Select, 10 Year Old or Lore??
- Laphroaig Select Laphroaig Select Scotch Whisky is a blend that brings the world’s favorite Laphroaig expressions together. The result is an exquisite new Laphroaig expression with an additional layer of complexity and depth. More approachable than the average Laphroaig, Select is the perfect introduction for aspiring Scotch drinkers. MSRP: $54.99
- Laphroaig 10 YO: The best recognized of all Islay malts and Laphroaig’s flagship expression, 10 Year Old delivers a unique measure of Islay peat smoke, tangy, salt-laden air and an echo of sweetness. MSRP: $49.99
- Laphroaig Lore: Rich and deep with distinctive smoke, peat and seaside minerality, Lore is unmistakably Laphroaig. The remarkable flavor is the result of liquid being drawn from a selection of casks including ex-bourbon barrels, first-fill sherry butts, smaller quarter casks and Laphroaig’s most precious stocks. MSRP: $124.99
I’m crushing on the Select right now, perfect for relative novice like myself. Whichever you choose, you’re going to get a fine whisky that you can make some Tartan Collins’ with…or have it all neat or rocks if you must.
Guy and the Blog received a product sample for the purpose of this review.