Why is everyone always so busy? Are we all really busy? I mean truly busy or is it just a lot of “busy work” being done? Is droning away your phone being busy? Living in a society where being busy is glorified, you know you aren’t successful or happy in life unless you are constantly busy, makes for a pretty stressful life. It’s no wonder more and more people are suffering from depression, anxiety and other stress induced illnesses.
You just can’t be busy all the time, can you?
There is a way to keep a balance between the busyness of life and recreational time. I don’t care how busy you feel the need to be and I don’t care what deadline you just have to work on this weekend, give these 5 things a shot and maybe it will make the universe make all the more sense…or something like that.
- Food, Food, Food – you will hear this over and over again, what you consume will make the difference between how you feel. Think about nutritious food options to enjoy all weekend so that you can detox the body from all of your fast food options devoured during the week. This is a great way to reset your internally body.
- Feed the Soul – perhaps you have a book that you have been dying to read, or a project around the house that you just haven’t gotten to yet. Take the weekend off, do only things that feed your soul. Whether it’s leisurely activities or a project that you just want to get done; do it!
- Get Organized – nothing sucks more than having Monday arrive and you have to start rushing around all over again. Consider getting organized on the weekend, this way you will have meals prepared and the house organized in a way that screams “hello, Monday! I am ready for you!”
- Get Outside – just the simple act of getting some outside air will assist in resetting your mind and soul. Consider taking a brisk walk, go to a corn maze or perhaps just get outside and run with those kids of yours. This will surely help you reset from a busy week.
- Get Prepared – if you start to use the weekends as a means to prepare for the week ahead you will surely see life as a little less busy than before. Things to prepare for could be setting out clothing for the week, pre-making frozen meals from scratch and perhaps setting up the kid’s lunches for school ahead.
Let me know what you think? I really believe that these simple things will make your weekends be more about what they really are supposed to be…recharging and relaxing. Have a good weekend, people. And stop being so busy!