This is a sponsored post by Chase Ultimate Rewards®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Guy and the Blog.
Spend, Spend, Spend
Well, as you know, it’s getting to be that time of year again. The kids are creating Santa Wish Lists, the Christmas decorations are going up everywhere, and the sales are coming at you fast and furiously! Yes indeed, it’s time to rock your wallet and pile on the added stress of trying to figure out what to buy and how much is too much or too little for everyone on your list. It’s a trying time indeed, especially when it comes to my wife. She is IMPOSSIBLE to shop for. No, really, it’s the truth. It seems like it’s nearly impossible to impress everyone on your holiday list with gifts each year – not to mention keeping it all under some type of reasonable budget!
Get What People Want
So, what are some good ways to actually deliver awesome without filling the car up with a lot of junk that your family and friends don’t really want?
- Don’t Buy Anyone Anything
- Yes, this sounds insane, and it probably is, but this would definitely ensure you stay under budget and not get people things they don’t want. There’s a chance no one will speak to you anymore, but that’s just a part of doing business like this
- Set-up a Wishlist
- It’s so much easier these days to do this. Sure, you can just call people up and literally ask them, but where’s the techie charm in that? You can set up a shared Google Doc or a Dropbox, pass it along, and let people fill it all out for all to see. Claim your gifts by simply erasing it from the list when you pick it up. Sure, it takes some of the surprise out of things, but everyone will get exactly what they want
- Secret Santa
- Yes, you know it well from when you were a kid, but this time with a twist. Put everyone’s name in a hat, but also put in a gift that that person would like. Maybe put in two papers per person. Everyone blindly picks it out and doesn’t tell anyone. This way, people get what they want, there’s some surprise and fun involved, and each person only has to buy one or two presents.
- Buy Gift Cards
- Sure, maybe it’s not the same thing as picking each person out a special gift, but man it’s cool to get a gift card from a store that people know you like…and then being able to get whatever you want from it! You can budget accordingly, and with so many gift card options to choose from you can get one that’s specific to the person’s preferences, and still allow the person the freedom to choose!
Gift Smart with Chase Ultimate Rewards
When I’m looking to get presents for my people, my first step is to see how I can utilize my credit card rewards. Between business and pleasure, we put a lot on our cards, and we are always looking to turn those points into goodies. Why not use them for holiday shopping? Makes sense, really saves me a lot of money, and best, uses the tools that are available to me. Why have those points if you’re not going to use them??
I love Chase Ultimate Rewards. When it comes to Christmas, it’s the best place for me to maximize my budget while getting gifts that I know people will love…gift cards!!! While gift cards may feel a bit impersonal to some, for others they are the perfect opportunity to give someone what they actually want – the freedom to choose their own gift (plus they may actually be able to get even more if they hit the post-holiday sales).
Can you believe it? Ultimate Rewards now has more than 150 gift card options for just about anything you are looking for such as restaurants, travel (including ride share and home share), entertainment, apparel, home décor, beauty and more. There are a variety to choose from like Best Buy, Ulta, Lord & Taylor, Nike, Bath & Body Works, Groupon, Build a Bear, Express and many more. As you could imagine, Caleb is a big fan of Build a Bear as you can see above.
Points don’t expire as long as your account is open. And it’s easy to redeem wherever you are – just go online or redeem through the Chase mobile banking app. I make it a habit of checking out the latest and greatest at Best Buy…
Special Deal for November Shopping
Chase Freedom cardmembers can save 10 percent when redeeming points for select gift cards through Ultimate Rewards in November. Don’t wait — there is a limited quantity of discounted gift cards available! Learn more about this limited time offer and take full advantage right now!!!
Value, Flexibility and Choice
So I think I’ve done a pretty good job sharing with you some tips for making the best of holiday shopping season. Everyone is so different and the list of people to give to seems to grow with each passing year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. It’s a great problem to have…the more friends and family the merrier. It’s really what life’s all about, right. So spread some joy and appreciation all the while taking advantage of the awesome value, flexibility, and choice of picking up all those gift cards and more! Don’t forget, I used my points to pay for my entire family to fly direct from NYC to Spain this past summer, all using Chase Ultimate Rewards!!!
If you are already a Chase cardmember with Ultimate Rewards, sign in to your account at UltimateRewards.com to learn about gift card offers and more. Not a Chase customer? Be sure to check out the Chase Ultimate Rewards program, including the benefits provided through Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Freedom, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Ink at UltimateRewards.com.
Now, you know… so get out there and make this Christmas one of the most ultimate yet!
*Inclusion of specific retailers in this post is not an indication of an affiliation or endorsement by JPMorgan Chase.*