I have a teenage daughter. Let me repeat that, maybe not for you but for me. I have a teenage daughter. It takes me a minute to process that sometimes. It’s a cliche, but so very true, it seems like she was just born. As time flies by, things change. Talk subjects change from playing with toys to being careful on social media and what friends she will be hanging out with later tonight. The way we spend time and interact changes. Her needs and wants have changed dramatically as well. What are these iTunes songs, these crazy apps, and all of this concern with beauty and products for her skin!! I need to talk about it with someone and that someone is you.Check out my post brought to you by Clean & Clear!!!
All of these new-found interests bring more shopping trips. Many more shopping trips. Here’s a brief list (it could be very, very long if I wanted it to be) of some of the top-requested items of the moment from my teenage daughter:
Top 7 Requested Teen Daughter Items of the Moment
- iTunes Songs – Yes, she loves her music and she sings the same songs over and over again until she moves on to the next. While streaming is still king, there are always a few requests a month to download some favorite songs. Boy, those $1.29 songs seems to add up! Keep giving those iTunes gift cards for holidays everyone!!!!
- Clothing – This could be here or she could have picked this up from her mother, but man does she love new clothes. There’s always some new “must-have” that “everyone” is wearing. The shirt of the moment – plaid flannel. Yes, I was shocked as well, but we will see what’s new and exciting next month! The fashion carousel continues to spin!
- Tech – Tech is huge now for all kids, and my daughter is no exception. There’s always a new app to download. I really try to instill the need to free apps whenever possible so that’s pretty sweet. Free is nice free is good. It’s amazing how many new apps fade into and out of favor. I would say it’s too much access to too many things, but what can you do?? She’s also huge into iPhone cases, headphones, and her iPad. Apparently, these are :”literally” life or death staples these days.
- Money – Bucks, dough, dinero, cold hard cash. Yes, it has begun. Going into town to hang out, money is needed for frappucinos, gum, and whatever else. Going out with friends to a party, money is needed. Things for school, for dance, for who knows…money is needed. The bank is open for sure.
- Accessories – This is a big deal. Be it for her person (rings, necklaces), for carrying (purses, backpacks), or for her room (pictures, lamps, do-dads of all kinds), she is big into accessorizing these days. Even her glasses are a big statement and part of her now. She’s growing up and wants to make things her own, and I get it for sure. It’s nice to see how she likes to do things and how her bright personality shines through in those decisions.
- Gasoline – Ok, that’s what I put on this list, but I sure do need a lot of it. These kids are busy and the dad-mobile is always rolling. I don’t mind it, though. It’s only a short time and then they’ll be driving themselves (gasp, save me), so I’ll do it happily.
- Skin and Beauty Products – This is a new and big one for sure. This has all come about very recently. From make-up to moisturizers to skin cleansers, she’s trying and buying it all. She has a lot of help from mom, thankfully, so she knows what’s good and what really works well. Skin is a big thing for a young lady, and if it helps with her confidence, then I’m all for it. Healthy skin can’t be a bad thing, right?? One thing I’ve found she really loves…her new, detailed, Clean & Clear daily regimen. This is happening every day and it is serious. I’ve never seen her stick to something so resolutely. I like structure, so I’m pleased to see it.
Why Clean & Clear Works for Your Teen
We introduced Natalie to Clean & Clear® from the start because the product line was created with teens in mind. While teenagers are still getting used to new hormones and new AP schedules, the last thing they need is to worry about products that work against them!
Clean & Clear and their product line is literally a brand build for teens and their skin. Their skincare products are designed to help them get rid of the bad and bring out their best, all based on their unique skin. As I said before, it’s important because if they feel good about their skin, the rest just seems to fall into place.
Daily Teenage Skincare Routine
It’s easy to get your teen on a productive and healthy skincare routine with Clean & Clear. First, I always take Natalie to Walmart for all of her Clean & Clear product needs. They have it all at the best prices. It’s awesome.
After you have picked up all you need at Walmart, be sure to have a solid and complete plan. Start off with teenage acne treatments that your children can use easily so they can get into a habit. If they don’t like it or it’s too much, they just won’t do it. It’s not only about the product, though!! Make sure they are eating the right types of foods and steer them clear of any foods or drinks they might be sensitive to. Last but not least, remind your teens to not get so stressed out. I know Middle and High School can be tough, but the more they can relax and let things roll off their backs, the better they will feel and the better their skin will look.
At this point, I wanted to walk you through a typical daily skincare routine that you could suggest to your teenager. Here we go!
- Cleanse your face daily: In order to avoid build-up of oil on the skin’s surface, encourage your children to use a gentle cleanser on a regular basis. Preferably once in the morning and once at night.
- Exfoliate: You should never exfoliate more than a few times a week. It’s just natural for pores to become clogged. Remind your children to never scrub too harshly and avoid products that noticeably irritate your skin.
- Tone: The lost art! So many people – adults alike – forget to use toner! Toner will help remove any lingering oil or soap that might be left on your skin after cleansing. It’s one extra step you shouldn’t let your teen forget.
- Moisturize: When you take away, you must always give back. That’s a huge general beauty rule and it’s probably the most important one to teach your teenagers when they are just starting out. Whenever you wash or exfoliate, you should always moisturize or give something back to your skin.
- SPF: There is a hard fast rule when it comes to SPF. People should use SPF all year long – not just in the summer. We need SPF during the winter just as much as we do in the summer. This is why you should never apply moisturizer to your skin at night before you go to sleep that contains extra ingredients you won’t be needing. You will notice that night creams will lack this addition.
- Masks: Masks are a really fun way to get your teens excited about a new routine. You can make it a weekend activity if you’d like, but make sure you teach your teenagers that masks are a great way to add a boost of goodness to your skin.
Products Perfect For Your Teen’s Skin and Beauty Routine
If you are in the market for teenage acne treatments that work, look no further! Clean and Clear at Walmart has you covered. The entire line is gentle enough to use, is complete enough to tackle any teen skin issue that your children might come across and is available at most retailers across the nation and online.
Do you have a teenager that is dealing with acne? Are you trying to get ahead of the curve and beat acne before it even begins? Have you started to have conversations with your teen about their acne beauty routine and how they can gain control of the situation? Would love to hear what tips you might have to share.
Be Loud, Be Clear, Be You!
Clean & Clear has so many different ways for Natalie and your teen to “Be Loud, Be Clear, Be You!”
- MORNING BURST® Facial Cleanser–A unique gel cleanser specifically formulated with Vitamin C and Ginseng to wake up the skin with fresh citrus scent while giving a burst of energy leaving the skin feeling clean, energized and ready to face the day.
- Oil Absorbing Sheets–Super soft and silky sheets that instantly soaks up excess oil and removes shine without smudging makeup or leaving behind powder.
- PERSA-GEL® 10–Acne medication that is uniquely formulated to go to work immediately, releasing medicine deep into the pores where pimples start.
- ACNE TRIPLE CLEAR® Cleansing Clay Mask–A natural clay face mask that cleans deep into the pores to help fight acne and prevent breakouts.
- CONTINUOUS CONTROL® Acne Cleanser–An acne cleanser that removes dirt and oil and also features a pore-penetrating technology that deposits acne medicine to help fight and prevent future breakouts.
- ESSENTIALS Dual Action Moisturizer–A moisturizer that is proven to fight and prevent acne and help moisturize dry skin while leaving it soft and smooth
- Blackhead Eraser Scrub–A unique multi-action cleanser that works to gently remove the trapped dirt, oil, and dead skin that can clog pores and lead to breakouts.
- DEEP ACTION® Exfoliating Scrub–Designed to invigorate the skin by cleansing pores deep down and gently exfoliating the surface skin leaving a cooling and revitalizing sensation
- Night Relaxing® Jelly Eye Sheet Mask–A cooling sheet mask with Hydrogel formula that soothes and replenishes skin and targets the Hydrogel formula that soothes and replenishes skin and targets the eye area where stress and sleepiness from the day can show.
Find Out More
If you’d like to find out more about helping your teen with the skincare routine with Clean & Clear products, be sure to check out: