We are smack in the middle of Fall and, as you know, people are pumpkin mad! Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pies, pumpkins beers…and I love all of it. No, seriously, I love all of it. It’s one of my favorite flavor profiles and I really look forward each year to more and more of it.
As a result, I thought it was time to have a little pumpkin-laced sweetness. Some goodness for those chilly nights. What goes great with goodness…chocolate. That’s what. Maybe some banana. You know, what, how about some Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Bread?
Yeah, that’ll work. Here are the details.
What You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 3/4 C softened unsalted european butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 C of Libby’s canned pumpkin
- 2 really ripe bananas
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
What You Will Need To Do
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl combine brown sugar, butter, and eggs. Mix until mixture is light and fluffy, approximately 1 to 2 minutes
- Add pumpkin and bananas, mix well, 1 to 2 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips, mix until just moistened, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf pans. About 2
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes
- Cool five minutes and remove from pans
Well, what do you think? Pretty easy and quick…and what a payoff? Do you love it? Is it perfect for a fire-place filled autumn evening at home? I think it is. I think it is, very much.