I received product from Perdue Farms for this breakfast for Dr. Pepper Chicken post. This post also contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are my own.
If you are looking for quick and easy meal planning, I’d love to recommend Dr. Pepper Chicken made with Perdue Farms chicken! Click on the Perdue Farms link to get an additional 15% every order!
Dr. Pepper Chicken
Dr. Pepper Chicken is pretty great. It’s saucy and think with a tomato tang coupled with the sweetness of the Dr. Pepper. I know it sounds crazy, but the two (plus the other seasoning) really mixes well. If you do it the right way, you can really create a balanced and flavorful dish.
The prep time for Dr. Pepper Chicken is approximately 10 minutes, with cooking time of approximately an hour. This recipe should serve about 5-6 people. Served with lemon-garlic long grain rice and parmesan encrusted broccoli.
- 2 lb. Perdue Farms Thin Sliced Chicken Breast – these are thin and really great for showcasing the sauce!
- 1 ½ cups Dr. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. A-1 sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° and line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil (the thin cut breasts take up more space).
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine tomato puree, Dr. Pepper, tomato paste, A-1 sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Combine and cook for approximately 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Place Perdue Farms Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper (I use a fairy high amount of both). Use approximately ¾ of the sauce from the pan to coat the chicken. The longer you let the marinade sit on the chicken, the better.
- Place chicken in your baking sheets and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush chicken with remaining sauce.
- Place chicken under the broiler (set to high) and sear chicken for approximately 4 minutes or until it’s brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Serve!
Perdue Farms is My Go-To Protein Source
Ok, as you can see, this meal is all about chicken. I mean, it’s called Dr. Pepper Chicken and all. And who do I love more than anyone when it comes to delivering the best chicken around at the best value? Perdue Farms of course…silly. This is my go-to for all things poultry…or all things protein for that matter (as you will see later on). Perdue Brand chicken is always about No Antibiotics Ever, as well as No Hormones or Steroids Added. The majority of their chickens are free range and they always work with family farmers, which I just love so much.
Perdue Farms Bundles
My family has always loved Perdue Chicken, and with their new home-delivered bundles, we love them even more. I mean, who doesn’t love meats just showing up at your doorstep? I’d say no one. It’s just super easy to order, the bundles offer really great variety, and it’s so great not to have to go to the store all the time and lug home bags full of meat. You get all that quality Perdue Farms that you love PLUS goodies from all of the brands that they own, too, like Niman Ranch, Coleman Natural, and their newest brand Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Meats!! You can get it all, baby! There’s so much variety, let me tell you a little about some of my current favorite items and bundles.
Perdue Chicken Breasts Variety Bundle
Take the Perdue Chicken Breasts Variety Bundle ($99.99) for example. All of this chicken comes perfectly frozen, vacuum sealed for peak freshness, and packaged in innovative new ways to reduce waste and mess! This powerhouse bundle of chicken includes:
- Perdue Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 3.0 lbs
- These are awesome because it comes in 3 pound pouches, so you can thaw and use 1, 2, or all 3 depending on how much you need and save the rest for later
- Perdue Chicken Tenderloins Pack, 3 lbs
- These tender, juicy, sliced strips are great to cook with plus you can again use 1,2, or all 3 pouches depending on the size of the family
- Perdue Fresh Cuts Thin-Sliced Chicken Breast, Approx. 1.2 lb
- These pre-sliced, perfectly thin chicken breast cutlets are such a great size, plus it cooks quickly after saving up to 30 min in prep time
- I absolutely love the “No Touch” Designed Tray and Film, it’s so easy to use and makes so much less messPerdue Fresh Cuts Thin-Sliced Chicken Breast, Approx. 1.2 lb
- Perdue Fresh Cuts Diced Chicken Breast, Approx 1.2 lb
- These bite size chunks are great for pasta, soups, pizza, and kabobs
- They cook quickly and save up to 30 min of prep time
- Perdue Fresh Cuts Chicken Breast Strips, Approx 1.2 lb
- These perfectly cut strips are perfect for Fajitas and stir fry
- They cook quickly and save up to 30 min of prep time
Cooler Weather and Holiday Cooking
Something to think about now that the weather will be turning cooler and fall flavors will be something we all start to crave.
These are just insanely fantastic and a true high point for any dinner. I mean, these are really the big guns! It’s the perfect dinner roast for the upcoming colder weather season including all the holidays. This is just really impressive, stately, even for a dinner party.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the family farmers that raise all (yes, all) of the amazing animals Perdue Farms uses for their amazing products. I just love the way Perdue does business and it shows in how much the family farmers really enjoy their relationship with Perdue Farms.
Check out this site to check out the stories of these wonderful family farmers that work with Perdue. I had the great privilege to meet a number of them in Maryland back in September of 2019 and their love of their work and their passion for the brand really struck a cord with me. It really made me feel great about supporting Perdue and working with them in any way I could. It’s a fascinating and really great way to understand where you food is coming from. This is just so important to me and to my family, as I’m sure it is to you as well.
Get An Additional 15% off Your Order
Ok, so I think we can all agree, this is some pretty awesome food. I love the Perdue Farms bundles. They are such a diverse mix of top quality foods. It all just shows up right at my door, so easy! Plus, orders over $119 qualify for free shopping! Check out the site to see all the difference bundles and special deals.
Happy 100th Anniversary to Perdue Farms! What an fantastic accomplishment for such a wonderful company!