Do you like good food? Do you like pure food? Do you like small-batches made by artisans that really care about the product. Yes, I know these are all super cool buzzwords that get thrown around like a football on Sunday (nice one), but there are plenty of companies out there that really are just that. Hamptons Salt Company is one of them, and I really love their goodies.
Peter Pierce founded Hamptons Salt Company because he wanted to find a safe, delicious alternative to all the mainstream, chemical laden salts out on the market. He has two kids and wanted to serve them something better. Hamptons Salt’s merchants scour the world to offer you the best selection of raw salts, flavored salts or smoked salts. All of its salts are unrefined and have no unhealthy additives. Each salt has a unique taste profile based on the sea from where it originated and the natural minerals are not stripped out like refined salt.
Hampton Salt Company’s raw salts, such as the Cooking Salt and the Finishing Salt are really fantastic. The flavor just pops and they naturally contain essential minerals but never any additives like the common iodized salts.
Available in 29 different varieties, there is a flavor of Hamptons Salt to suit everyone’s taste buds – from raw salts to the unique tastes of flavor infused salts, which run the gamut from tangy Lime to the super spicy Ghost Pepper to the sweet Vanilla bean or the ultra-decadent Black Truffle salt. Hamptons Salt Founder & CEO Peter Pierce sources products from all over the globe to offer gourmands a wide-ranging variety of all-natural salt varietals.
In addition, Hamptons Salt Company offers assortments of Hamptons Salt for the perfect hostess gift or foodie. I think these are the way to go as you can see the breadth and depth of the product line and get a taste for a few of the awesome spices. Each collection comes in its own sleek black gift box. Collections include:
- The Bartender, with Jalapeno, Lime and Lemon salt varieties ($59.99)
- The Flavor Seeker with five 1 oz. mini jars with Black Truffle, Garlic, Ghost Pepper, Smoked Hickory and Rosemary salt varieties ($39.99)
- The Daily Chef contains a 14 oz. jar of Cooking Salt, and 4 oz. jars of Finishing and Garlic salts ($44.99)
- The Connoisseur containing the four most luxurious salts Hamptons Salt sells including Fleur de Sel, Black Truffle, Porcini and Smoked Chardonnay Oak ($99.99)
- The Globe Trotter contains raw salts from corners of the globe including Himalayan Pink, Bali Pyramid, Cyprus Flake and Himalayan Black ($69.99)
- The Grillmaster with the most popular varieties perfect for the grill including Smoked Hickory, Smoked Mesquite and Espresso salt varieties ($59.99)
- The Collector includes 20 varieties of Hamptons Salt in mini 1 oz. jars ($149.99)
There’s just so many options for pure salty goodness, I think it’s time to purge your pantry and welcome a healthy and flavorful fall! Hamptons Salt is available at locations across the country (like Garden of Eden Gourmet’s 4 locations across New York, Bedell Cellars, Chelsea Market, and Macy’s Flagship on 34th Street) and can be shipped nationwide from its website HamptonsSalt.com.
For more information on Hamptons Salt Company, visit:
- Google Plus
Guy and the Blog received the product used in this review. All love of this salt sourced from a place I love are my own!