Are you looking for new ways to entertain your preschooler while also introducing them to some important concepts like creativity, inquisitiveness, and resourcefulness? While these may seem like big words, they are all important things for any child to learn at an early age, don’t you think? Caleb is really a little person now, in nursery school and learning little by little how life works. Finding a show that’s creative and entertaining that he likes is fantastic. Finding a show that also teaches him some of these important lessons is a huge bonus. One such show I’ve come across recently is the awesome new Amazon Original Preschool Series called The Stinky & Dirty Show! It’s on Amazon Prime Video right now and it’s worth a look. We love Amazon Prime for so many reasons, and this is just another one to add to the list. Such an outstanding service.
Stinky & Dirty is latest original series in Amazon’s mission of fostering lifelong creative learners. Stinky is a Garbage Truck and Dirty is a Backhoe. The characters are fun and really interesting for Caleb (he LOVES trucks). This is great, but what’s even better is the show’s main messages: be resourceful and inventive and we can reuse materials to create something useful and fun. Another great aspect of the show has to be that Stinky and Dirty always problem solve and work together, supporting each other’s ideas, no matter how crazy they may be. They congratulate each other for good ideas and really act like pals should…and how I want Caleb to act with his siblings and friends. Kindness counts with these guys, as it should in real life.
Whether it’s rescuing their pal Mighty the tugboat, or moving a giant boulder blocking the highway in their town of Go City, Stinky and Dirty are a dynamic duo of resourcefulness who learn when things don’t go as expected, asking “what if” can lead to success. They don’t always do things the way you’d expect—like reusing trash as makeshift tools and materials—and for them, hilariously failing turns out to be one of the most fun paths to success!!!
To top it off…it’s actually beautifully animated in a very unique way, with some great songs and music to boot! Really nicely done…Caleb was mesmerized (and so was I).
Based on the “I Stink!” book series by Kate and Jim McMullan, The Stinky & Dirty Show features original music from acclaimed folk singer and songwriter Dan Bern and celebrity voice talent, including Whoopi Goldberg (The View), Jane Lynch (Glee), Andy Richter (Arrested Development), Joan Cusack (Shameless) and Wallace Shawn (Toy Story).
I know you’re ready to check the show out and get to crafting too, so here are the important details:
- The first season of The Stinky & Dirty Show (10 episodes) is available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership
- Customers who are not already a Prime member can sign up for a free trial at amazon.com/prime
- For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- The Stinky & Dirty Show will also be available as part of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the all-you- can-eat subscription service designed from the ground up for kids
- FreeTime Unlimited is available exclusively on Amazon devices including Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets, and a year-long subscription is included with every Fire Kids Edition unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
To find out more about The Stinky & Dirty Show! and all of the other awesome (I’d say essential) benefits of an Amazon Kids and Amazon Prime membership, please check out:
- Amazon Video
- The Stinky & Dirty Show!
This post has been sponsored by Amazon Studios. All opinions expressed are my own.