I love cookbooks, especially a Bobby Flay cookbook packed with those wonderful Bobby Flay dishes!!! That’s why I’m so pleased that Clarkson Potter sent me a copy and is partnering with me for a giveaway. I’m going to talk about how great the book is, but I’m also going to share one of my favorite recipes from the new cookbook!!
Bobby at Home: Fearless Flavors From My Kitchen
My family and I love all of Bobby Flay’s shows and cookbooks. In fact, watching Bobby on TV is one of our favorite things to do when we visit my parents! Let me just start by saying that! Bobby at Home: Fearless Flavors From My Kitchen is no exception. In fact, he seems to keep getting bette and better. In his most personal cookbook yet, Bobby Flay shares over 165 bold, approachable recipes he cooks at home for family and friends. This book is literally packed with so many ridiculous recipes, it’s hard to hit on it all. No matter what you or your family likes, I would bet that Bobby Flay has you covered!!
Let’s talk about amazing pan-seared meats or some really hearty pastas. If you are looking for lighter, there’s also shareable platters of roasted vegetables and bountiful salads. Top any any and all of that off with some homey desserts and you are ready to go bigger and bolder like Bobby does. The breadth and range of these dishes is fantastic. I really don’t think you can get bored. Ever. With Bobby by your side, cooking at home just got a lot more exciting.
Wide Range of Recipes
Some of the most fantastic looks dishes have so include Spanish-style shrimp and grits, pumpkin pancakes with apple cider syrup, and sticky-savory-sweet Korean BBQ chicken. Dude, this book even packs crispy bacon glazed with pomegranate molasses, deviled eggs topped with fried oysters, and mussels steamed in a heady green curry broth!!!
I wanted to highlight a dish that I think represents all of the awesome of his book in one recipe. How do Brussels Sprout Nachos with Pickled Chiles sound to you? Excellent? I know it sounds good to me!! Check out the recipe below!
Brussels Sprout Nachos with Pickled Chiles
Muenser Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk, warmed
- 8 ounces Muenster cheese, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot sauce
- 1 (8.25-ounce) bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts
- (24 medium), trimmed and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pickled Red Onions (recipe follows)
- Pickled Chiles (page 249)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Finely grated lime zest, for garnish
- Make the cheese sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the flour and cook, whisking continuously, until the mixture is pale blond, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cook, whisking continuously, until the sauce has thickened and the raw flour taste has been cooked out, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheese. Let sit without stirring for 1 minute, then whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Cover and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Spread the tortilla chips in an even layer over a large baking sheet.
- Heat the chips in the oven, about 8 to 10 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over mediumhigh heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour some of the warm cheese sauce onto a large platter.
- Top with a layer of the warm chips and more sauce.
- Sprinkle some of the Brussels sprouts and pickled onions and chiles over the sauce, then repeat all the layers once more.
- Garnish with the cilantro and lime zest and serve.
Pickled Red Onions
- 3 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup grenadine
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 large red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice, sugar, grenadine, salt, and 1 cup water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, whisking a few times, until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the onions in a nonreactive container with a lid and pour the brine over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours before serving.
- The onions will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- Makes about 1 cup
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 large Fresno chiles or jalapeños, or 16 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook, whisking a few times, until the sugar and salt have dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Put the chiles in a nonreactive container with a lid and pour the brine over the top.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and up to 48 hours before serving.
- The chiles will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Reprinted from Bobby At Home. Copyright © 2019 by Boy Meets Grill, Inc. Photographs copyright © 2019 by Ed Anderson. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.
Enter To Win
Ok, so did that wet your whistle a little bit? I hope it did, becuase this book is just awesome. If you are anything like me, you just can’t wait to fill your Home with the latest Bobby Flay books! Maybe this is the time!! Just enter now!!
One (1) winner receives:
- A copy of Bobby at Home
- plus two additional Bobby Flay cookbooks!!
That sounds like a win, doesn’t it?? I think it is, for you and for anyone else lucky enough to have you cook for them!! Giveaway open to U.S. addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Clarkson Potter.
About Bobby Flay
Bobby Flay is one of the country’s most celebrated chefs, restaurateurs, media personalities, and authors. He is a James Beard Award winner, the author of 13 cookbooks, and has starred in 14 Food Network programs. In 2015, he became the first chef to be awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He’s a long time favorite of mine and of my family’s. He has such a great presence and personality. But he also really knows how to cook and deliver some truly fantastic dishes!!
Find Out More
With 165+ recipes, Bobby Flay opens up his home and shares his bold, approachable style of cooking for family and friends, along with his no-nonsense, essential advice for home cooks. To find out even more and to check out the amazing recipes for yourself: