I received product from Perdue Farms for this cheesy stuffed pepper casserole post. This post also contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are my own.
A cheesy stuffed pepper casserole is an easy to make dish and perfect for tucking into the upcoming fall season. It’s warm and pretty hearty but not quite the super rich and hearty dishes we seem to crave when the mercury really drops and short, winter days are the norm. This recipe is a meal in a bowl, mixing ground beef, rice, bell peppers, cheese, and tomato sauce into one awesome dish!
I particularly enjoy this dish, not only because it’s pretty easy to make and tastes great, but because it’s a “deconstructed” riff on the classic stuffed peppers my mom used to always make as part of our typical dinner rotation. Ah…memories.
If you are looking for top quality meat that’s delivered right to your door, I’d love to recommend Perdue Farms amazing bundles! From Perdue Chicken to Niman Ranch, Coleman Natural, Panorama Grass-Fed Meat, and more, they have everything you could possibly want to make your at-home meals that much better! Click on the Perdue Farms link to get an additional 15% every order!
Ok, back to the recipe.
How To Make Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
I really love the colors of this dish, especially during this time of year. The deep red from the tomato sauce, brown from the Niman Ranch 80/20 Ground Beef, and the green/yellow/orange of the bell peppers just sing autumnal comfort and warmth. Doesn’t it?
Simple, Easy, Less Mess
I think you will agree, one of the benefits of this dish is that it’s pretty simple to make with a limited amount of pots and pans to clean! You pretty much need your favorite skillet/pan or pot for this one, along with a cutting board of course. I think this is so important speaking as someone that has to have all the dishes cleaned at the end of each meal. The less mess the better. It’s such a relief!!
Do your best to get quality ingredients and put in the small amount of extra work to really make the dish sing. For example, get a block of cheddar and mozzarella and shred or grate it yourself! Get sea salt and freshly ground your black pepper! Ok, on to the list…
- 1 pound of Niman Ranch 80/20 ground beef
- 2 cloves of chopped or minced garlic (the more the better if you ask me)
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cups of diced bell peppers (green, orange, yellow, or red)
- 1 ½ cups of chunky tomato sauce
- 14 ½ oz. of diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of beef broth (not pictured)
- 1 cup of your favorite rice uncooked
- 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning (not pictured)…or at least oregano if you don’t have Italian seasoning
- good salt and fresh pepper to taste
Steps to Take
Ok, so this is pretty much all you need to do. Like I said, I think you will find this to be pleasantly easy to make and clean up after.
- In a large skillet, brown the beautiful Niman Ranch 80/20 ground beef. This is just absolutely premium, wonderful meat from a ranch that really prides itself on treating it’s animals right. That’s enough of a selling point for me, but then when you check out the quality of the product, like the ground beef, steaks, and pork, you really will see that thee guys really know what they are doing with this whole “be good to animals” thing. LOL.
- Add in your onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Drain the fat.
- Add remaining ingredients (rice, chunky tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, mozzarella, and cheddar) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender.
- At this point you can simply serve or you can add more cheese on the top, replace the lid to let the cheese melt to create a super cheesy stuffed pepper casserole, then serve!!
Perdue Farms Bundles
My family has always loved Perdue Chicken, it’s an absolute staple in the NY area. It’s pretty much “chicken” around here, like Kleenex means tissue. Now, they are even better, with their amazing line-up of premium quality brands and new home-delivered bundles. I just told you meat arrives at your door. Enough said. It’s just super easy to order, the bundles offer really great variety, and it’s so great not to have to go to the store all the time and lug home bags full of meat.
You get all that quality Perdue Farms that you love PLUS goodies from all of the brands that they own, too, like the above mentioned Niman Ranch, Coleman Natural, and their newest brand Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Meats!! Beef, chicken, pork, even chicken fingers are available for your pleasure. There’s just so much you can make, like beef stew, rack of lamb, and Dr. Pepper Chicken!
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the family farmers that raise all (yes, all) of the amazing animals Perdue Farms uses for their amazing products. The way Perdue does business is impressive and it shows in how much the family farmers really enjoy their relationship with Perdue Farms. I met them, I saw the farms, and I really enjoyed speaking with them. They love working with Perdue Farms and it shows.
Check out this site to read the stories of these wonderful family farmers that work with Perdue. It really made me feel great about supporting Perdue and working with them in any way I could. It’s a fascinating and really great way to understand where you food is coming from. It’s a good thing to know that your food is coming from a good place where people take great pains to care for the animals. It shows in the product.
Get An Additional 15% off Your Order
I love the Perdue Farms bundles and I’m certain you will as well. They are such a diverse mix of top quality foods. It all just shows up right at my door, so easy! Plus, orders over $119 qualify for free shopping! Check out the site to see all the different bundles and special deals.
Happy 100th Anniversary to Perdue Farms! What an fantastic accomplishment for such a wonderful company!