I received product from Perdue Farms for this Creamy Dill Chicken post. This post also contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are my own.
Comforting Cool Weather Dishes
With cooler autumn weather firmly upon us, dishes like Creamy Dill Chicken really hit the spot for me and my family. When the weather cools down, I think we all need a little more comfort when it comes to meal times. The same summer fare we have been eating the past couple of months just doesn’t seem to do the trick anymore.
While there are so many unbelievable options, I picked this one given the somewhat unique qualities of the dill. Hope you enjoy it!
Creamy Dill Chicken with Broccoli Over Egg Noodles
This is a pretty simple dish that really hits the spot. It’s creamy and flavorful with the right amount of earthy spice. Plus, egg noodles are just so great, they scream fall and winter dishes to me! They are especially good with a tasty sauce, it just carries it so well. The creaminess of the dill sauce pairs really nicely with all the components of this dish. It’s just a comforting dish. It doesn’t scream spice or it doesn’t really hit a lot of dramatic notes, which is why I love it on a cold evening. It’s warm and comforting and goes down nice and easy! Take a look and let me know what you think!
- 2 Perdue boneless skinless chicken breast halves (approx 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Tablespoon (1) olive oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Cup (1) chicken broth
- Tablespoon (1) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Cup (1) half and half
- Pound (1) egg noodles
- First, sprinkle your Perdue chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- Then, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until the chicken is brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan, leave as much liquid in the pan as possible.
- Start to boil water in a second, large pot (for the noodles). Add salt to the water for taste.
- Add broccoli and broth to same skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until broccoli is tender (4-6 minutes).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli from pan. Be sure to leave the broth in the pan.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the flour, dill and half and half evenly until it’s smooth.
- When you see the water is at a rolling boil, add the egg noodles and cook as advised on the package. These should cook pretty quickly.
- Next, stir dilll mixture in pan and bring to a boil (2-3 minutes). Be sure to stir continuously stirring constantly until it thickens evenly.
- If you egg noodles are ready, drain and leave to the side for now. Add butter to taste.
- Now, add the chicken and cook, covered, over medium heat until you think it’s ready (5-10 min).
- Plate your noddles, then top with the chicken and broccoli.
Check out the Video
Want to see this recipe for yourself? Check out my Creamy Dill Chicken and Broccoli over Egg Noodles Recipe Video here or just below:
The Best Proteins Right To Your Door
You know how I love to get my Perdue Farms bundle deliveries, I know you do! Casserole anyone? Well, let me remind you again about the good stuff, the best stuff really. If you are looking for top quality meat that’s delivered right to your door, and why wouldn’t you be, I’d love to recommend Perdue Farms amazing bundles!
From Perdue Chicken to Niman Ranch, Coleman Natural, Panorama Grass-Fed Meat, and more, they have everything you could possibly want to make your at-home meals that much better! Click on this Perdue Farms link to get an additional 15% every order!
Some of the amazing products I just received include Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Spiral Ham, Niman Ranch 16-oz. New York Strip Steak, Niman Ranch Lamb Loin Chop, Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Tri-Tip Roast 1.5 Lbs, and Perdue Popcorn Chicken! I’m telling you, this is amazing meat, well priced, right to your door. No hassles, no fuss, it’s awesome!
Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Spiral Ham
Let me just tell you about the most perfect spiral ham, just about anywhere. The Niman Ranch (always fantastic) Applewood Smoked Spiral Ham is a whole muscle cured ham is slow smoked a over real applewood for an authentic smoky flavor. This 8-pound bone-in spiral ham is sure to impress during the holiday season but also ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner for every day meals.
It’s simple to prepare as well. Just add the wonderful spiced sweet glaze and off you go. It’s just that easy (give yourself approximately 3 hours or so) and the results are perfect. I mean, look at that cut, the meat, and that crispy glazed crust. The meat was so flavorful, just excellent. This is an absolute must this coming Thanksgiving and Christmas season! A must!! I’m telling you, this ham is the jam.
I Support Perdue Farms’ Family Farmers
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the family farmers that raise all (yes, all) of the amazing animals Perdue Farms uses for their amazing products. The way Perdue does business is impressive and it shows in how much the family farmers really enjoy their relationship with Perdue Farms. I met them, I saw the farms, and I really enjoyed speaking with them. They love working with Perdue Farms and it shows.
Check out this site to read the stories of these wonderful family farmers that work with Perdue. It really made me feel great about supporting Perdue and working with them in any way I could. It’s a fascinating and really great way to understand where you food is coming from. It’s a good thing to know that your food is coming from a good place where people take great pains to care for the animals. It shows in the product.
Order Now and Get An Additional 15% off Your Order
I love the Perdue Farms bundles and I’m certain you will as well. They are such a diverse mix of top quality foods. It all just shows up right at my door, so easy! Plus, orders over $159 qualify for free shopping! Plus, receive a free mystery product with each order! Check out the site to see all the different bundles and special deals.
Check out all my Perdue Farms love here!
Happy 100th Anniversary to Perdue Farms! What an fantastic accomplishment for such a wonderful company!