Well, because of Vera and her bedrest habit, we stayed at home, very low key and relaxing (somewhat, for some I guess) day. It was really nice, actually. Didn’t leave the house after I hit Fairway. I went early enough that it really was not bad at all…yet. Went in there looking for some basics and a couple of prepared options for the lunch and dinner exercise I was about to partake in. Newsflash…Fairway is amazing. TOO happy that it’s now 5 minutes away (along with Trader Joe’s and Shake Shack…hello).
For lunch, we went with an antipasto meal. Light an easy, but still good.
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Salty, seeded bread, toasted in olive oil
- Olives (red, garlic stuffed green, and pimento stuffed green)
- Cheeses (fresh mozzarella with amazing olive oil and sea salt and NY sharp cheddar, and US Feta)
- And some beer (22 oz. Sapporo can)…not too shabby.
Everyone enjoyed, especially after I slaved our decade old TV trays that we used religiously in Queens but have not seen the light of day from the basement since.
After we stuffed ourselves on these goodies, I played with the kids and watched a little football (Cowgirls lost…nice). Then, I got to work planning the “main event;” The plan…
- 3.5 pound turkey breast…olive oil, salt, pepper, and sone seasoning rub (including sage)
- Stove Top stuffing with cranberries
- French’s fried onion green bean (fresh) casserole
- Basmati rice with raisins
- Sauteed brussel sprouts
- Honey glazed baby carrots
- Roasted butternut squash and craisins
- Cornbread and dinner rolls
Hope you all had a great day as well. Here are a few more pics from the day…