I received product from Perdue Farms for this Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill post. This post also contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are my own.
Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill
Are you looking for some great recipes to cook on your beautiful Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill? While there are almost infinite recipes you can make and enjoy, I think I have one that you are really going to love! It’s Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon-wrapped Peppercorn-Crusted Angus Beef Tenderloin Filet.
If you aren’t sure what the Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill actually is, let me explain it to you. First of all, the entire Ninja Kitchen line is fantastic, and this grill is just more of the same!! In other words, it’s great. It’s easy to use, easy to clean, and doesn’t take up a ton of space. It’s also versatile and makes cooking dinner a quick and easy process. I know for a fact that Ninja Kitchen products help make sticking to a healthy lifestyle easy and convenient and we really do love the products in our house and use them all the time.
The Ninja Foodi and the Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill are just so important on those late days when you got home too late or simply lost track of the time. It’a great on those early meals when the kids have to run to one activity of another and you have to get them fed beforehand. It’s even great for those meals where you really would rather just order in but really also want to be good and cook something healthy!! I kind of think you have an idea of what I’m referring to, right? Anyway, these products are lifesavers!
Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill + Niman Ranch = Amazing
The Ninja® Foodi™ Smart XL Grill delivers your perfect doneness without the guesswork. Its actually pretty amazing. The XL capacity means you can grill up to 6 steaks at once, virtually smoke free. I mean…there’s was literally just about zero smoke…and my alarm company is thankful for this. It even transforms into an air fryer, which is an amazing way to cook, right? Ok, now let’s get into the recipe itself!!
I wanted to come up with a recipe that shows off what the Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill can do. A little decadence, yet very simple. I quickly decided that Niman Ranch and it’s amazing products had to be a part of this mix. Period, end of story. The best meats equal the best meals, right? Bacon, check. Pepper, check. Filet Mignon, check. I mean, what else could you possible ask for, right?
I’m really happy with how this bacon-wrapped, peppercorn-crusted Niman Ranch Angus Beef Tenderloin Filet came out. It’s bursting with flavor and texture, and really is a delicious, if somewhat decadent meal.
Cooking with the Ninja Foodi Smart X Grill made cooking it quick and simple with little to no mess and fast cleanup. It really is great. Let’s get into the recipe and you can see for yourself!
Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon-wrapped Peppercorn-Crusted Angus Beef Tenderloin Filet Recipe
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Makes: 1 serving
- 3 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Niman Ranch Angus Beef Tenderloin Filet (7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt, as desired
- 2 pieces Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon
Tip: If you are looking to save some calories, omit the oil on the steak. You can also use Greek-style yogurt in-lieu of butter.
- Plug thermometer into unit. Insert grill grate in unit and close hood. Select GRILL. The unit will default to HI, which is the correct temperature setting for this recipe. Select PRESET. The unit will default to BEEF, which is the correct setting for this recipe. Use the arrows to the left of the display to set desired doneness. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While the unit is preheating, place peppercorns in a plastic zip bag and crush into small pieces.
- Add the crushed peppercorns to a small bowl with the butter and mix until fully combined.
- Brush the steak with oil on all sides and season with salt, as desired. .
- Evenly cover the steak with peppercorn butter on all sides.
- Wrap the bacon around the steak and secure with toothpicks. Insert the thermometer horizontally into the center of the thickest part of the steak.
- When unit beeps to signify is has preheated, place the bacon-wrapped steak on the grill grate, gently pressing down to maximize grill marks. Close hood over the thermometer cord. When unit beeps, and the display reads FLIP, use silicon-tipped tongs to flip the steaks. Close hood to continue cooking.
- When unit beeps to signal the steak is almost done cooking, transfer steak to a plate or cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Well, what do you think? I think it’s pretty tasty. Do you? Will you be trying it? Be sure to check out my other Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill recipe, Niman Ranch Beef: Flatiron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce!
As much as I recommend the Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill, I equally and just as strongly recommend checking out PerdueFarms.com/guyandtheblog to get the very beat proteins delivered straight to your door! Let me explain.
Perdue Farms Bundles
Perdue Farms home delivery is just fantastic. It’s a monthly staple in our home and so many others. And the service and offerings just keep getting better with their amazing line-up of premium quality brands and new bundles. It’s just super easy to order, the bundles offer really great variety, and it’s so great not to have to go to the store all the time and lug home bags full of meat. Meat arriving at your door…it’s not a dream any longer!
You get all that quality Perdue Farms that you love PLUS goodies from all of the brands that they own, too, like Niman Ranch, Coleman Natural, and Panorama Organic Grass-Fed Meats!! Beef, chicken, pork, even chicken fingers are available for your pleasure. There’s just so much you can make, like Creamy Dill Chicken and Broccoli over Egg Noodles, Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole, and Dr. Pepper Chicken!
Supporting Family Farmers
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the family farmers that raise all (yes, all) of the amazing animals Perdue Farms uses for their amazing products. The way Perdue does business is impressive and it shows in how much the family farmers really enjoy their relationship with Perdue Farms. I met them, I saw the farms, and I really enjoyed speaking with them. They love working with Perdue Farms and it shows.
Check out this site to read the stories of these wonderful family farmers that work with Perdue. It really made me feel great about supporting Perdue and working with them in any way I could. It’s a fascinating and really great way to understand where you food is coming from. It’s a good thing to know that your food is coming from a good place where people take great pains to care for the animals. It shows in the product.
Order Now and Get An Additional 15% off Your Order
I love the Perdue Farms bundles and I’m certain you will as well. They are such a diverse mix of top quality foods. It all just shows up right at my door, so easy! Plus, orders over $159 qualify for free shopping! Plus, receive a free mystery product with each order! Check out the site to see all the different bundles and special deals.
Happy 100th Anniversary to Perdue Farms! What an fantastic accomplishment for such a wonderful company!