Even though summer may be winding down, there’s still some more time to get outdoors! Take advantage of it while you still can. Before you know it, it’ll be too cold to even think about hanging on a hammock, going to the beach, taking a nice job in shorts and a t-shirt. While you’re planning your (maybe) last long weekend with family and friends—whether it involves a vacation or stay-cation— it’s important to remember that you still need to protect yourself from mosquitoes and ticks.
OFF!®, the trusted brand for insect repellents, has Americans covered from head-to-toe. Whether heading out for a weekend fishing trip, hiking a forest trail or relaxing in the backyard, there’s an OFF!® Insect Repellent to help keep families and friends protected from mosquitoes and make the most of their outdoor moments. It’s time to explore – The Outdoors Misses You™!
Most adults say they wish they could spend more time outdoors, but, bugs are a main barrier. This is really so true…it’s true for us and for all our friends, family, and neighbors. It’s just such pain to be outside getting eaten alive. It takes the fun out of it…and the kids REALLY hate it. It freaks them out big time. Here are some amazing results from a recent survey conducted by OFF!:
It’s Time to Prioritize Time Outside
Whether taking a refreshing dip in the pool, exercising or having a backyard barbeque, people enjoy spending time outside. Still, many Americans are not spending as much time outside as they would like:
- 97% of Americans think it’s important to spend time outside, but two-thirds don’t think they get enough of it
- More than 9 in 10 parents (92%) think that it’s important that their kids spend time outside
- More than half of Americans are happier outdoors than they are indoors, but a lack of time is the biggest personal barrier to making it happen
Notably, those under 30 are the most likely to cite work and school obligations as a barrier to being outside as well as having difficulty finding friends to do things outside with them
Benefits of the Great Outdoors
Americans almost universally love being outside, but the threat of bugs is a notable barrier. Getting outside with the help of OFF!® can lead to countless benefits:
- Eight in 10 stressed people agree that being outside allows them to relax, and exactly three quarters think getting outside is important for their physical health
- Women are more likely to think that being outside is important to their mental and physical health; they’re also more likely to feel relaxed and happier outside
- 90% of Americans feel happy when they are outdoors, while more than 80% feel peaceful and energized
- 40% believe the outdoors puts their life in perspective
- More than 60% of Americans take walks, grill and exercise outside
- 38% feel the outdoors gives them more opportunities to connect with friends and family
What We Love To Do Outdoors Across America
While it’s clear Americans love spending time outdoors, our favorite outside activities vary across the country:
- Nose in a book or around a fire: When it comes to spending time outdoors, Midwesterners love reading or gathering around a bonfire
- Playing host: Northeasterners enjoy inviting friends and family over for outdoor gatherings
- On the waterways and picnic benches: Southerners prefer to spend their time outdoors boating or gathering to eat
- Get out, explore and move: Westerners enjoy hiking, yoga/pilates and dancing outdoors more than any other region
You’d Rather Do What?
- Bugs are the number one factor (70%) that can spoil time outdoors, even more than sudden swings in weather (47%) and allergies (36%)
- Women (62%) are more likely than men (47%) to be deterred from going outside by bugs.
- OFF!® has provided trusted products and effective protection to families and individuals for more than 50 years.
- One in five Americans would be willing to give up all technology for a week to get rid of bug bites, and nearly 40% would rather complete their tax return
- If given the chance, six out of 10 people would choose to avoid mosquito bites over blisters (just 20%) for the rest of their lives
There are some great ways to tackle the outdoor bug issue and get outside! Remember, winter’s coming!!! Here are a couple of my favorites:
- OFF!® Clip-On™ is a personal mosquito repellent that doesn’t have to be applied directly to skin. A quiet, battery powered fan circulates an odorless repellent and within minutes creates head-to-toe protection for up to 12 hours. It’s a personal mosquito repellent that doesn’t have to be applied directly to skin, which is a huge win for people that don’t like to put it on them or their kids. This is the best of both worlds!!! Quick tip: If you move, allow a few minutes for the unit to rebuild its protection. MSRP: $8.99 for Starter Kit, $4.99 for Refill.
- *NEW* OFF!® Explore™ Insect Repellent offers a refillable, portable, leak-resistant case with long-lasting protection from multiple insects during on-the-go adventures. Carabiner clip ensures easy accessibility. Case is crush-resistant. 25 percent DEET formula. MSRP: $12.99 for 1.2 fl. oz. Starter Kit, $5.99 for Two Refills.
- Here are a couple more: OFF!® Bug Control Backyard Pretreat and OFF! Deep Woods®.
Aside from just the nuisance-type of bugs that are out there, it’s more important than ever to take protective measures against mosquito bites with diseases like West Nile becoming more prevalent. As the industry leader for more than 50 years, OFF® has provided trusted products and effective protection for decades. Here are some great tips:
One (1) Guy and the Blog reader will receive the following to keep them their loved ones protected outdoors:
- Five (5) OFF! Clip-Ons
- Five (5) OFF! Explore Insect Repellents