I received product from Perdue Farms for this post. This post also contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are my own.
Are you looking for some great ideas for mom’s breakfast or maybe a Mother’s Day buffet this year? Well, just a reminder, Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning for the big day! Since the more traditional Mother’s Day restaurants may not even be open this year, I’d love to share some Mother’s Day breakfast ideas or something easy to make for a nice Mother’s Day lunch at home with the family. Whatever you do, you know mom will love and appreciate it.
Planning Mom’s Breakfast, Brunch, or Dinner
Mom’s spend so much time and effort cooking for their families during the year, it’s just a great gift to cook for mom on Mother’s Day. With this in mind, why not start the day off really bright and make some nice plan for mom’s breakfast this year? How great would it be for mom to wake up and see breakfast being made for her?? One less thing for her to worry about, first way for us to show how much we appreciate all that mom does for us!
First, think about what mom would really like. Go over some Mother’s Day breakfast ideas with everyone in the family, but always keep in mind what mom would want. That should be #1. Is it sweet or savory, hot or cold? The possibilities are almost endless! Put it all down on paper and see what pops out! The create a good plan.
Great Ideas for a Mother’s Day Buffet
Whether you’re thinking of special Mother’s Day breakfast ideas or of how best to prepare a Mother’s Day lunch or dinner, something fun to consider may be a Mother’s Day buffet! I mean, who doesn’t love a buffet?? The choices, the variety, the ability to take what you want in the amount you want? You can create a fun breakfast, lunch, dinner, or brunch buffet if you’d like and stack with all the goodies mom loves! For us, it’s all about the brunch buffet, baby! A vital part of our Mother’s Day festivities is always a healthy helping of delicious protein power from Perdue Farms (click here to get an additional 15% off your order)!
This year was a real surprise…we made mom her special brunch a week early!! She couldn’t believe it, it was so special, she really was completely surprised. Our special Mother’s Day buffet was packed with some of her absolute favorite savory breakfast and lunch meals! From bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches to omelets and grilled cheese, we had it covered. Mom was so happy to brunch before Mother’s Day, it was awesome.
Get The Kids Involved
One of the most important parts of creating mom’s breakfast has to be getting the kids involved. This is so important. It gives the kids ownership in their very special gift. Creating a great Mother’s Day lunch is just that much more special when the kids have a hand in making it all happen! Plus, you know that mom will cherish and appreciate he gesture even more than the actual meal itself. It’s truly special and something that mom will probably get close to teary-eyed over!!! And in this case, that’s a really good thing. Seeing mom beam with pride and seeing the kids glow with achievement…that’s a fantastic Mother’s Day moment.
How We Divided Up The Work
My kids were very involved in creating our Mother’s Day buffet this year! And you know they are all about Perdue Farms (click here to get an additional 15% off your order), too!
Caleb passed me the eggs for the bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches and the omelets. He got the cheese out of the fridge and he even filled the bowl with tortilla chips! Natalie always helps me cook, so she was all about frying up the Niman Ranch Apple Gouda Uncured Sausage while she cut up the salted tomato plate and got the buns ready to go! Liam helped me with the Perdue Honey BBQ Glazed Boneless Chicken WYNGZ and heating up (so easy) the Niman Ranch Pulled Pork with Barbecue Sauce. I took care of making the eggs, the bacon grilled cheese for Liam, and frying the Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon!
As you can see, they were very involved in cooking, but also in setting the table and making sure everything looked great for mom when she came out of her room for the surprise. I let them handle it all, even if the plates might not have matched perfectly and there was a little mess here and there. It’s all about them putting in the time and effort and getting to beam with pride when mom’s jaw drops when she see all that they have done. They felt so great after all of it, you could just see and hear it in their voices. They kept asking my wife if she liked this or that and if she was totally surprised. It was so fun to sit down to that meal after everyone picked whatever they wanted to eat!
Bacon Omelet Sandwich
Liam loved his bacon grilled cheese. Caleb loved his omelet with no bread and sausage on the side. Natalie loved the tomatoes and boneless wings. I loved my Niman Ranch Pulled Pork with Barbecue Sauce sandwich. It was a great meal, but I think the highlight of the brunch buffet was the bacon omelet sandwich we made for my wife. She loves bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches, so we wanted to make a special version of that for her. It’s not hard to make, but it surely hit the spot.
- 3 eggs
- Cheddar or American Cheese (1 cup)
- Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon
- Seeded potato buns (bread of your choice)
- 2% Milk (2 oz)
- Olive oil (¼ cup)
- Italian Seasoning (oregano, parsley, basil rosemary, sage, thyme, savory, marjoram)
- Sea Salt/Kosher Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Ketchup or Hot Sauce
- Put the olive oil in a pan and begin to heat the pan.
- Take your eggs and crack them into a bowl
- Beat the eggs diligently, almost too much, while adding in your milk. The more frothy and bubbly the eggs get, the lighter and airier the eggs will be when you cook them. It’s worth the effort.
- In another pan, place your bacon in for cooking. No additional oil or butter is needed.
- Add seasoning to you mixture and stir until evenly distributed throughout the eggs.
- Reduce the stove hear to Medium-Low heat.
- Pour the eggs in the pan and let it sit for a few minutes. For an omelet, you want to make sure that the bottom of the eggs create a solid, crust-like bottom before you flip it.
- Once you begin to see the ends get hard and curl up, lift up a side of the egg and see how cooked it is.
- When the bottom is fairly cooked, lift the eggs and allow the liquid egg on top to fall into the pan for more direct cooking.
- Add your preferred cheese on top of one half of the eggs. I love freshly grated cheddar and parmesan, but American and just about any cheese works well. Let it begin to melt.
- Make sure the bacon is looking good. I should be browned and about ready to be flipped over.
- Once the cheese begins to melt and most of the egg is fairly well cooked on the bottom, use your spatula to gently flip the cheese-less half of the eggs onto the other cheesy half.
- Continue to cook until the egg is firm and brown on the bottom side.
- Flip the eggs over to brown the other side. Always make sure there’s enough oil in the pan to prevent smoke and burning of the eggs.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and plate. Add any more seasoning as you see fit.
- Remove the bacon when it’s ready and place it on a plate with a few paper towels to soak up the additional grease.
- Cut the omelet into pieces that will fit the bread you are using for the sandwich. Or, leave it alone and have the bread on the side!
- I love to hit the omelet with just a touch more seasoning before I add the ketchup for my wife and kids or the hot sauce for me.
- Place the egg on the bread and the bacon on top of that!! You can even add some more cheese if you’d like…the more cheese the merrier in the Sweeney home!!
- Add some Niman Ranch Apple Gouda Uncured Sausage to you plate, maybe some greens or veggies, some more bacon, or even some chips (like a lunch sandwich) and serve!!
Perdue Farms Bundle Deals
In these crazy times, everyone needs a little bit of help. Perdue Farms and their awesome bundles are here for me and for you! You get FREE SHIPPING on orders over $119! That’s on any of the awesome bundles they offer, like the Date Night Bundle, the Gathering Bundle (small, medium, large), the Organic Bundle, or the Family Bundle (small, medium, large). There’s just so much to choose from and so many awesome brands under the Perdue Farms umbrella!
Think about all the awesome Niman Ranch products I used today, plus Coleman Natural, Perdue Harvestland, Sonoma Red, and more! There’s just about any kind of protein you can dream of…from boneless chicken breasts to ground pork to bacon and sausage to whole young chickens. Of course, there’s always all of that great Perdue Farms chicken you know and love (breasts, wings, thighs, drumsticks)!
Check out the site and let me know what you think! Also, let me know what you are planning to make Mother’s Day special!