It’s almost that time of year; Fall will be here before we know it. The leaves will change color, the air will become more crisp and cooler. The smell of apple and pumpkins will be in the air for us to enjoy. It’s the best time of year to enjoy your family without sweating to death or getting burnt by the sun. The days are a little shorter, but they are more enjoyable due to the milder weather patterns. It’s my favorite time of the year I think.
Why not get a jumpstart to Fall by planning to have some fun this season with your family, here’s some ideas:
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch – if you have these in your area, they really are a beautiful site to see. Many farmers will open up their doors so that visitors can come enjoy the festive view of the pumpkin patch where family activities are usually present too.
- Go on a Corn Maze – if you research your local area, you should find some corn mazes setup for visitors to enjoy. Some corn mazes have a price, but the fee is usually pretty reasonable. This is a super fun Fall activity to enjoy with your family.
- Go on a Hay Ride – during the Fall season you will find that many farms will allow hay rides to happen as a means for them to earn a little extra revenue. Consider going on a hay ride with your family, it will be a memory making event for sure.
- Leaf Rubbings – before those leaves get all crinkly, perhaps consider doing some leaf rubbings where you take crayons and paper, place a leaf behind the paper and rub the crayon along the paper to make beautiful artistic photos.
- Grave Rubbings – similar to leaf rubbings but instead you visit a local cemetery and find old gravestones. You will take a piece of paper and rub the crayon over the paper that has been placed on the gravestone to etch the saying onto the paper.
- Foliage Tour – during the Fall season you will see many foliage tours happening. This is a great way to get out and enjoy the family while viewing the amazing colors of the leaves during this transition season.
- Visit a Cider Mill – apple cider is super popular this time of year, check out a local cider mill where you can tour it and taste their yummy apple cider. This could make a fun and educational day for your whole family.
- Take a Nature Walk – Fall can be a wonderful season to get outside more, the air is cooler and the humidity has slowed down. Consider taking a nature walk with the family after dinner time so that you can enjoy your wonderful family together with nature.
- Go Apple Picking – this is a great season to go apple picking, many orchards will open their doors and quite often you will find picking your own apples is more cost effective than purchasing the apples in store.
- Carve a Pumpkin – Fall is the perfect time of year to do a little pumpkin carving. Get those pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, come home and get crafty with the carving utensils together as a family.
There you have it 10 ways to enjoy Fall with your family this year. Do you have a favorite Fall season activity to do as a family?