Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales In Theaters Today!!
Well, this is awesome. This really is a top favorite for me. It’s a great movie with humor and action, along with great stories and characters. Plus, it’s something the whole family can check out together. We all love it, so I’m thinking we are going to be checking this out during this long “Summer Kick-Off” Memorial Day weekend! Perfect movie and perfect weekend!!
It’s been a long 6 years but Captain Jack is finally back and this is the perfect film for the whole family!
Ready To Watch?
Who’s in??? To get you even more hyped up, check out the extended look trailer, baby!! Dope! For real, how can you watch this and not want to go!?!?!?
How about some fun facts?
I love facts, don’t you love facts?
- The extraordinarily detailed St. Martin town set, designed by Nigel Phelps and executed by supervising art director Ian Gracie and construction coordinator Bernie Childs, sits on five acres of verdant terrain in the Hinterlands suburb of Maudsland and is an artist’s concept of a fanciful, teeming British colonial village in the Caribbean. Although most of the structures were only fronts, at least two—Grimes’ Tavern and Swift’s Chart House—were in three dimensions, wonderfully and atmospherically decked out by Beverley Dunn’s set decoration department. Some of the buildings were cleverly designed to be picked up and moved in their entirety to different sections of the village to give even a greater sense of the town’s size.
- Costume designer Penny Rose and her team converted an entire 20,000 foot soundstage at Village Roadshow Studios in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia into a wardrobe warehouse filled with 2000 costumes, hats, shoes and accessories, all meticulously arranged by character names, types, genders and ages. To properly age the wardrobe, Penny Rose and her team used a variety of innovative techniques, including putting them along with pebbles in a cement mixer, using cheese graters to wear them down and, occasionally, taking blowtorches to materials as well!
- For his extensive makeup as the cursed Captain Salazar, actor Javier Bardem endured anywhere from two to three hours in the makeup chair each and every day. But when the beautiful Golshifteh Farahani was transformed into the mysterious sea witch Shansa, she required four to five hours! Key hair designer Peter Swords King’s department created more than 1,000 wigs for the film, and on the biggest days made up 700 extras and 30 principals, with a main team of 22 people and another 70 in a vast tent for background, stunt players and wranglers. The facility was humorously referred to as “the sausage factory.”
Want to get your kids even more excited???
How about this amazing Pirates Of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales Activity Pack!!!!! Pretty cool indeed. This should keep them busy for a while, which is never a bad thing, right?
If you want to find out more, go ahead and…
- Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/DisneyPirates
- Like on Facebook: facebook.com/PiratesOfTheCaribbean
- Follow on Instagram: instagram.com/disneypirates/
- Visit the official website: pirates.disney.com/
- Remember!!! PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES opens in theaters everywhere tomorrow, May 26th!