Working at Home
Ok, I’ll admit it, there are enough times when I have to get things done and the kids are around where I just need that few extra minutes or so to make it all happen. Finding some quiet time to get things done is not always the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. Most of the time, I have to do it all while the kids need to be entertained. There are constant wants, needs, spills, fights, homework, accidents, and who knows what else?? The list of issues to tend to can seem endless and those 5PM deadlines can seem like an unattainable dream. Mix that in with typical housework and maintenance, and you have yourself a jam-packed work-at-home life that leaves little room for error. Help is always welcome.
The kid that is by far the most active and in need of entertainment these days is my 5 year old boy, Caleb. He is a bundle of energy and excitement, all-day, every day. Non-stop. No really, there’s nothing that stops him. There is no tired, no nap time, no downtime. He is ready, willing and able to go at all times of the day and night. He needs action and he needs to be entertained, and Little Tikes is there to help me out!!
Parenting Made Easier
Having a good quality toy that’s beloved by your child(ren) is pretty much priceless. It’s a great thing for them to run, play, imagine, and have a good time. It’s what childhood is all about anyway, right? If you can help that along with some awesome classic toys, then why wouldn’t you? While having great toys is really nice for the kids, it’s also not such a bad thing for the parent either, right?? With that in mind, here are some of the best ways I can think of to get your work done with kids at home!
Top 4 Ways to Get Work Done at Home with Kids Around
- Having a seemingly constant and unending supply of tasty snacks your kids will love to eat. Yes, kids love snacks, even more than eating actual meals. I stock up on it all! The healthy, like fruit, nuts, and yogurt is the best bet. Sometimes, I have to bring out the heavy artillery, though, so the cookies and ice cream make an appearance. A man has to do what he has to do.
- Make them do chores. This is fairly new for us, and it does not come with out protest, but when the kids are old enough, get them to help you out around the house. It keeps them busy, builds up their responsibility, and makes them feel a little bit older. Plus, it can tick a few things off or your ever expanding To-Do list.
- Get homework done ASAP. My kids do their homework when they come home to get it out of the way. They do it by themselves but then ask me whenever they need help. I have them gather up all of their questions and we hit them all at one time. It gives me some more time when they come home and shows them how to organize themselves better.
- Have plenty of things to occupy their time. From toys to games to puzzles, it’s all about giving them things to occupy their time and stimulate their minds and bodies. No options are wasted and no time is empty unless they really want it to be!! From video games and board games when the night is winding down to awesome Little Tikes toys for when it’s time to get outside and have fun, we have it all. It’s what they like and what they need. Hey, you’re only kids once, right?
Putting Away Your Toys Then Bringing Them Back
I think at some point, we all realize we are not little tikes any more. When that happens, say when we are teenagers, we are mostly all pretty excited that we aren’t kids any longer. We are becoming grown ups. As time passes by and as we age, we get more and more removed from those easy days. All the things we used to do, love, say, and be seem to go away. Then, many of us have children of our own.
That was a life-changing event for me like nothing ever was or ever could be. Seriously big time things happen when you have a little one of your own to care for. It’s at that point when you start to remember a little bit of that past and reminisce about how good it really was. The classic toys, the food, the everything really. I think more than anything, though, it’s the toys that seem to stick out. I know when I had a child (I have three now), I was all about having them play with the same toys I did!!! That’s why I am so pleased to be working with Little Tikes to talk about how my kids are playing with their Little Tikes Hall of Fame toys just like I used to!!
Speaking of needing toys to keep the kids occupied…Little Tikes to the rescue!! Caleb loves cars, he loves sports, and he just loves running and jumping. One of his favorite toys of all-time, hands down, has to be the Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set. Just like dad, he loves shooting some hoops. It makes him feel big and he gets so much joy from sinking a basket over and over again. He also loves to play with his older border, Liam, be it on his hoop with Liam or next to Liam (while he plays on a full-size hoop). It’s all perfect for Caleb, and that gives me so much valuable time to get things done for work and around the house. It’s priceless, but it’s also great for Caleb to run around and have fun.
I love that the Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set is super easy to put together. It literally takes minutes and doesn’t require any screws, bolts, and tools. Just snap and go! The adjustable height is great, too! It keeps growing along with Caleb. It really lasts and takes a pounding, all while being made of plastic that won’t hurt Caleb if he gets too excited and runs into the hoop!! Not that that would happen. ;o) It’s a toy that takes it all and keeps on going, kind of like Caleb (and Liam before that).
Made In The USA
I love when things are made at home in the USA. I just feel good about it and try to support that whenever possible. The quality and craftsmanship is always worth it. Here’s a list of all the toys that Little Tikes makes in the USA!
Remind Yourself of the Little Tikes Awesome
If you want to get things done, have your kids have fun, and be number one (ok, it rhymed) then you need to check out Little Tikes and relive all those childhood memories!! Get your kids the great toys they deserve to play with…and you deserve to have some free-er time with!! Little Tikes is all over the internet, check it out here:
- Search #littletikes, #imaginationsinmotion, #activeplay, #playfuldiscovery, & #together
This is a sponsored post created in partnership with CafeMom and Little Tikes. All opinions are my own.