How do you parent? What do you do or whom do you listen to for advice? How do you know what is good and what is bad? It’s a never ending saga, one that I doubt I will ever even come remotely close to figuring out. All we can do is our best, right?
Here’s some sage parenting advice or anecdotes to help you get through it all…kind of.
- Let’s face it, there are more times than we can count where we just don’t think we are getting it right. That’s ok and that’s part of the job. No one gets it right, we can only do the best we can. That’s the beauty of the whole thing. (source)
- I do this all the time…it works really well…(source)
- This is the truth. It’s an innate, thing (thank God) for most of us. For those that it’s not, I have no respect for you. (source)
- Not sure which animal is better at it, do you? (source)
- Ain’t this the truth, brother…(source)
- “It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn’t.” ~ Barbara Kingsolver (source)
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” ~ Franklin P. Jones (source)